does anyone carry avocet? Need Avocet 50 replacement

I went out and rode my bike for the first time this year. Yes, I suck. Anyway, my Avocet 50 isn't working again. The plastic cell holders won't stay in.

No problem, I'll buy a 45TT or something that will fit on my MTB and road bike mounts. Nashbar doesn't have avocet and the same for Performance Bike.

See some new stuff but wanted something that would fit as I once again get battery holders from avocet.

Did the bike parts sellers get tired of avocet? What is the closest current offering that would make me happy? I really like that altitude function since it lets me know that when I'm feeling strong, I am likely going down hill :(

Thanks,

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

I went out and rode my bike for the first time this year. Yes, I suck. Anyway, my Avocet 50 isn't working again. The plastic cell holders won't stay in.

No problem, I'll buy a 45TT or something that will fit on my MTB and road bike mounts. Nashbar doesn't have avocet and the same for Performance Bike.

See some new stuff but wanted something that would fit as I once again get battery holders from avocet.

Did the bike parts sellers get tired of avocet? What is the closest current offering that would make me happy? I really like that altitude function since it lets me know that when I'm feeling strong, I am likely going down hill :(

Thanks,

Wes S

Reply to
clutch

perhaps you meant to post this to alt.lycra-wearing.weenies? :-)

Reply to
ATP*

Sorry. rec.bicycle.tech. I tried to send a kill but screwed that up too.

Have a safe fourth if in USA.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

I was just looking at my nearly dry-rotted tires. I have to get back on my bike too. Have you tried ebay?

Reply to
ATP*

This is a reply to a 7/14/05 post in case you wonder why you see a re: and not the original thread. It happens alot on the internet.

Avocet sold me new battery holders for it, the Avocet 50 lives again.

My MTB has good tires but my old Trek 1100 road bikes tires look sick. I really like that old bike. I put an 8 speed cluster on it and a handlebar shifter, not the shimano, the other one which beat the heck out of downtube shifters. I got a copy of Big Mig's handle bars on it also. I just wish my little spot of paradise wasn't so popular. Some road rides I used to do scare the chit out of me. Riding the mtb okay but I love to tour.

Next year I vow to do better.

Wes

Reply to
clutch