banjo bolt alignment

Hi; When using banjo bolts,do you have to align the internal holes up with the tubing that feeds it ? Regards My98tj

Reply to
my98tj

Hi; When using banjo bolts,do you have to align the internal holes up with the tubing that feeds it or does the mating connector have room on its circumference for the fluid to travel ? Regards My98tj

Reply to
my98tj

I would have had to throw a way thousands of them if that was the case.

No.

The banjo that the bolt goes through should have a groove around it's inside that lines up with the hole in the bolt. This is the fluid path.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

No need for aligning the holes. Most (all?) banjo fittings have a groove or hollow on the inner face to provide a fluid path to the holes in the bolt that holds it down.

Reply to
Don Bruder

I don't, no. With Bosch fuel systems (my only exposure to them), the annular gap between teh bolt and the "banjo" is quite large, so the main resistance is the holes in the bolt rather than turbulance in the system. I'd just let it go wherever it does.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

No. That's the idea behind banjo bolts.