Best currently in production lathe and vertical milling machine?

If money were no object, and country of origin not an issue, which manual lathe within the 6 to 12 inch swing range; and which manual vertical mill with a work volume of approximately a Bridgeport would you purchase?

Thanks for youyr opinions.

Reply to
BillLee

The lathe is easy. Buy a Hardinge 10EE.

I don't know what the "good" mills are that are still for sale. You can still buy a new Bridgeport now that they're back in production again (I hear). Buy a DRO for the mill so it comes factory installed. Get at least an X axis powerfeed.

Grant

BillLee wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

No doubt, 10EE. But doesn't Monarch still make these? I haven't kept up with companies buying each other.

Karl, "proud 10EE owner" Townsend

Reply to
Karl Townsend

"jim rozen" <

Is the FP2 still made ? I thought everything that I liked had to be discontinued, banned, removed from sale, drastically changed or otherwise stopped.

Dean.

Reply to
Dean

There is no such lathe. It's either some "Hardinge" model OR a Monarch 10EE. And when asked for "best currently in production lathe" abviously the Monarch

10EE would not be a choice.

Reply to
Abrasha

Subject line reads "currently in production" :)

Abrasha

Abrasha

I ran into a Hardinge salesman in Reno 2.2 yrs. ago and he said they sold lathes , but they were really expensive.

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Reply to
randee