Bought this huge gantry crane from Rock Island Arsenal

Bought this sight unseen, now I wonder just how big it is and if I have a chance of selling it.

It is an enormous traveling gantry crane, 10 ton capacity.

Just look at this picture

Ignoramus4942

Ooh, that is one _big_freakin'_ass_ Erector Set, Ig. It sure was nice of them to disassemble it for you. I hope you find a buyer. What'll you charge them to reassemble it in their factory?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I cannot reassemble, it is too big.

Ignoramus4942

IMHO, You'd be damn lucky to find a buyer. WAY to big for any hobby type or small shop even. This would go in a large manufacturing operation. Industry will buy exactly what they need exactly when they need it.

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

A small shop doing oil field work perhaps

Reply to
Pete C.

OK, guys, I do not mean to be unrealistic and dreamy eyed.

But I have a question, perhaps I would have a chance to sell the top beam and the lifting mechanism?

Ignoramus4426

The only places I can think of that might be interested in something like that used would be: oil field repair shops, mining repair shops and perhaps industrial marinas or a rock quarry. The places that can afford to buy one new will do just that, so it's the smaller places that deal with heavy stuff that would be interested in a used one even if they need to have it inspected for OSHA purposes it's still a lot cheaper than new.

Reply to
Pete C.

Some of the places that can afford to buy new , still save money when they can.

If I recall correctly the second bridge crane at the Explosive Handling Wharf was a used crane. It is a bit bigger crane than the one Iggy has. The Trident II weighs 59,000 kg.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I am going to scrap most of it, but keep the boom and make an attachment for my 30,000 lbs forklift. It would get me a telescoping boom that goes up and down.

Ignoramus25323

How about at a scrapyard, to unload trucks?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell