Bridgeport hole in the wall

Gentlemen.
I am still in the process of covering up the gaping hole in the back bedroom wall after removing the studs and siding in order to shove the
Bridgeport into its new home.
In order to prepare for the day I might want to take it OUT again I embarked on a grande scheme to install 36" "french doors" in the hole. I have framed in the opening with 4" channel iron. Now I'm installing and trimming the two steel doors. I'm slow as molasses in the winter but I do good work what little there is of it.
By the time I'm done the doors will be about as secure as doors can be. Then I will resume work rewiring the house and installing the VFD to drive the mill.
As slow as I move y'all should rejoice that I'm not on your payroll.

Steel doors framed with 4" channel iron, yes! I'd love to see the faces of the SWAT team that tries to bash thru that with their door ram, nevermind the burglar with the prybar.

Don, if it's the SWAT team I'll just let 'em provided they say "pretty please" and the magic password. But the burglar guy is gonna just have to work hard lfor his keep just like the rest of us. V
I skipped the meeting, but the Memos showed that Vernon
rec.crafts.metalworking :

    LOL.
    "The world does owe you a living, son. But you're going to have to work like hell to collect."
pyotr
-- pyotr filipivich We will drink no whiskey before its nine. It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!
Vernon wrote:

(snip)
LOL, I can't remember how many times I thought something would be a short project and upon finishing, I reasoned that at "50 cents per hour" nobody could afford it.
The "worst" is when somebody else thinks it's easy (like wife....), my usual response is "yea, lets open the box and see if it just miracles itself there and works".
Matt

"Father" Darwin Power owned a welding and machine shop in Bass Harbor, Maine and had a reputation as a story teller. He once told me, "Bill was the best man I ever had working for me, he was so slow he couldn't screw up a job before I could stop him."
Some keyword spamming here since I don't find anything about Father on the 'net, and he deserves a mention: Father Power Darwin Power Power and Robinson Bass Harbor Town Hill
--
Ned Simmons

Ned, Two others I like are: "If you want a job done right give it to a lazy man". I think I read a "byline" in here that said. "Laziness is nothing more than resting before you get tired". V

While you are probably committed to the door idea, what also can be done in these cases is to make a removable wall section that is held in place with pins rather than going to all the fuss of hanging swinging doors.
--

Roger Shoaf

Hi Roger. I actually gave serious thought to that. I opted for doors largely for cosmetic reasons. V