About customing the Hole charts in Pro/E WF

Hi to everybody.I'm a Begginer in Pro/E WF.Some MOnths ago i wrote you and your advice was very useful.I'd like to custom the hole charts.I read the help online where Pro/E developers adviced to update the configuration file " hole_parameter_file_path".I know that this is a very "stupid" question,but how could I do it??.I'm waiting for a your reply. Kind regards Edoardo

Reply to
edoardo fiorani

: "edoardo fiorani" wrote : Hi to everybody.I'm a Begginer in Pro/E WF.Some MOnths ago i wrote you and : your advice was very useful.I'd like to custom the hole charts.I read the : help online where Pro/E developers adviced to update the configuration file : " hole_parameter_file_path".I know that this is a very "stupid" question,but : how could I do it??.I'm waiting for a your reply.

The hole tables you are referring to are located, by default, in /text/hole. Pro/e comes with three such files called iso.hol, unc.hol and unf.hol (one in metric units, the other two in US Customary).

These are just ascii text files so you can edit the values with any editor that can read and save plain text. But it doesn't matter to Pro/e where you edit them. You could leave them where they are and edit them there. It is a good idea, however, to copy them somewhere else ~ a stable data drive, for instance ~ any place that will not be overwritten by a software reinstall or upgrade.

The option you referred to, hole_parameter_file_path, lets you specify another directory path in the config.pro file which loads your customized hole tables. It seems like this is a new option because the Browse button is grayed out when you type in the option name. For other options which require a directory path as the option value, the Browse button lets you browse to the directory, press OK and enter the path as the option value. Currently you are required to fill in the value for hole_parameter_file_path manually. I haven't tried it, so I don't warrant that it works. Let us know how you fare.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

You can also set the config.pro setting "hole_diameter_override" to Yes, allowing you to select other diameter sizes for varoius clearance and tapped holes.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

thank you so much. Edoardo "Steve" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...