about sections in drawings

Hi to everybdy, I have written you many times and your advice was always very useful for me.the question is very simple.I'd like to know how creating a section with planes consecutive and intersected each other.i hope that someone will reply me. edoardo.

P.S: of course i'm using to Pro/E WF 2.0

Reply to
edoardo fiorani

The type of section you are trying to create is called an Offset section. To create one, you basically sketch a cut plane on some sketching plane using any geometry (planes, axes, vertices, surfaces) for sketcher references. Or, the thing can be completely free handed through the part/assembly. But, if you want to cut through the middle of a cylindrical feature, say, you'd better use an axis: appropriate reference geometry for the zig-zaggy offset section you are trying to cut.

Reply to
David Janes

sorry Mr Janes,but i didn't understand how putting the Sections planes...Can you be much more clearer?I thank you so much , Edoardo "David Janes" ha scritto nel messaggio news:ge7qe.9995$qr.5149@fed1read06...

Reply to
edoardo fiorani

Sorry, Sr Fiorani, no section planes, non quello! Go to 'View>View Manager>Xsec>New>Offset', pick a planar surface to sketch on and sketch your cut "plane". And it need not be a planar cut, composed of straight sketched geometry. You could sketch arcs, as long as the cutting geometry starts and ends at or off the part boundary.

Reply to
David Janes

but i can't understand the way of drawing the ziggi-zag section line.if I'm in 3d ,Should the option "use sketcher 2d" under the TOOLS> ENVIROMENT be unable ??? I have a big trouble.....but i have the sensation that something is missing..... Edoardo "David Janes" ha scritto nel messaggio news:eqtqe.10411$qr.3142@fed1read06...

Reply to
edoardo fiorani

After you pick a plane or planar surface to sketch on, the sketch plane should reorient to be parallel with the screen, just as it does any other time you sketch. (If it doesn't reorient, go to 'View>Orientation>Sketch orientation'.) Remember, you are sketching the edge of the knife that will cut into the part. To one side of that knife line, material will be removed and when you tip the cutaway toward you, you'll see inside the part.

Reply to
David Janes