Buffing/Polishing Howto?

I've done some googling, but I must be braindead in what I'm searching for,
because I'm not seeing what I want. Anyway, somehow I ended up with one of
these brand new (don't ask):

(Big ass Baldor powered buffer on a stand.)
Anyway, I have a few uses for it that include stainless steel and aluminum
that I'd like to polish. I also have an assortment of buffing wheels and
compounds. The only thing I seem to lack of knowledge of how to do it.
Anyone got any pointers on the basics of polishing metal with a buffer like
this?
--Donnie
Reply to
Donnie Barnes