Buffing/Polishing Howto?

I've done some googling, but I must be braindead in what I'm searching for, because I'm not seeing what I want. Anyway, somehow I ended up with one of these brand new (don't ask):

(Big ass Baldor powered buffer on a stand.)

Anyway, I have a few uses for it that include stainless steel and aluminum that I'd like to polish. I also have an assortment of buffing wheels and compounds. The only thing I seem to lack of knowledge of how to do it. Anyone got any pointers on the basics of polishing metal with a buffer like this?

--Donnie

Reply to
Donnie Barnes

Donnie,

You'll find some good info on buffing here:

Ed

Reply to
edferg

Exactly what I was after! Thanks!