Calling All Inventors

Now, I want a machine that sorts laundry from a basket using weight and length as primary criteria, to save my time for more demanding tasks.

It would place matching items in piles on top of the bed and empty a basket in less than ten minutes.

A short 'training' session would allow it to create sort criteria. It would make a separate pile of items that don't match any of the 'trained' categories and automatically re-sort from that pile to segregate items that were part of a 'double' or 'triple' grab set during the first sort. Items that still do not match would be placed back into the basket. The user would elect to re-sort further or train the machine for newer categories.

It would stow under the bed at the foot or the sides and be powered using a universal input switcher.

It would retail for ~$350.00 US (Mid 2011 dollars) in high - end retail stores.

Please post when your YouTube demos are ready.

Thanks!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Would you consider paying a weekly fee for my wife, without the upfront cost? She's very good at that sort of thing.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

(...)

Ed, I couldn't afford what she is worth. :)

Though I *could* set up a telepresence manipulator and have people log in from all over the world to

What could possibly go wrong?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Some of those people could be colorblind, or their monitors could be out of whack, and your red socks and green socks could all come out brownish-gray socks.

But they'd still be socks. Whether their new color matters depends upon your sartorial requirements. Do you have a brown suit? Or do you wear brown shoes with your gray suit? (I did that for a wedding on Saturday. It made me queasy.)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Does it have to understand English?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Can I ask a machine to do what I cannot? :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

That's a reasonable trade-off! Where do I sign?

That's like wearing two teeshirts so the holes don't line up, yes?

'Suit' you say. 'Suit'..... I've heard that word before.

'Sorry, can't quite place it.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

You not only can, Winnie, my friend, but you may!

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah, yes....

You need to stop into Ed's Den of Sartorial Splendor some time. We'll fix you up.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

(...)

"You're going to like the way you look; Ed guarantees it."

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Then I shall.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Jeez, you have him out there, too, huh?

Not the best suits. But they'll press your suit for free at any of their stores. This can be handy when you're on the road.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Call these guys. Have your credit card ready.

DougC

(...)

Interesting.

That task is about 100 x more complicated than the one I have in mind.

Thanks!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Ed Huntress wrote: (...)

'Ubiquitous' George? Oh yeah. He is *everywhere*.

More useful than a tire rotation, potentially.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

They prolly get a couple hundred times more money than you offered, too. Fair dinkum, mate.

From the same YouTube page, this little gal appears to have more uses than she lets on.

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, just Spanish invectives like "Un otro chingando camiseta?"

-- Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort. -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That sounds like a "Wife". Usually available with several other useful features. You can find them available in high-end retail stores. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

OK, lemme just download a couple video demos... hang on..

OMG! (Blush!)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

You don't need a machine to sort the laundry, what you need to do is get 3 or four containters each the size of one load of laundry. Bin #1 is for whites that get washed in hot water and possibly chlorine bleach.

Bin #2 is for shirts and other misc perma press.

Bin #3 is for your blue jeans and towels.

Bin #4 is if you sort differently like greasy work clothes or something.

Now it is just a matter of tossing the dirty garment into the correct bin when you get done with it.

For bin #2 you might have an overhead bar that you could hang the shirts and slacks on when you remove them from the dryer.

The other bins might have sections that you could do a rough sort when removing them from the dryer like one section for socks, one for shorts and a third for t-shirts.

My biggest tip is to buy all the same brand and color socks. This way you don't have to hunt for matching sock.

Next, why fold underwear? Unless you like to spend your time sorting and folding, it makes no difference when you wear it.

Hanging jeans seems to me to be quicker than folding and unfolding also.

Reply to
RS at work