Camera filter thread form?

I need to thread an adapter to mate a digital camera to a microscope eyepiece. The threads on both appear to be 28 TPI but I can't find the form. Anyone have the details on camera threads?

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Glenn

Anyone have the details on camera threads?

Try the Edmund Scientific site.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Glenn

Anyone have the details on camera threads?

Try the Edmund Scientific site.

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

Almost all are 0.75mm pitch standard metric form. I've cut hundreds:

Richard J Kinch

Yep I make optical parts for digital camers. No digital camera has inch threads they are all metric. 90% of digitial cameras that have threads are a .75 mm pitch and 60 deg V . What make and model camera do you have and what kind of microscope do you have.

Reply to
tim

I stand corrected. It is hard to measure when you only have 2 threads to work with. The microscope is a stereo Nikon so I checked one eyepiece through the other and it is .75mm.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore