Casio Keybpard

> > Not that they have all that much money, but musicians are a little bit

like (and I hate to use the term because I resemble it some) audiophools. T hey like the tube stuff, and even older solid state stuff.

> ** IME, musicians are even worse than audiophools. > > Audiphools listen only to recorded music with a bunch of equipment they k

now and can see, decided if they like the sound or not and blame the least likely piece of equipment for the latter outcome.

> Musicians listen to THEMSELVES playing via equipment they > know, can see and fiddle with, decide if they like the sound > and blame the equipment if they do not.

Its pretty crazy.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com was saying that people don't want to read bullshit like t his, but I disagree. A lot of this (from a 1960's music perspective) is not weird, but still ... its and odd perspective.

You have a 15 year old kid about to enter college in an electrical engineer ing program. What's he (or she) thinking in a sniveling bratty manner? Pro bably:

"what? you mean you MANUALLY play a guitar? a synthesizer? drums? You're joking right? me and my friends make use our phones to design an interface , CPU, memory, power processor and audio and other hardware all to fit in a microscopic compartment so small, you can't even see it. In some cases - e ven with a microscope. Because its so small, it will use less energy."

Comparing stuff like that with more "traditional" music design and repair t hat you are used to just makes the whole thing look odd. But hey, it all w orks if you are comfy, right?.

Reply to
mogulah

ratty

arts - > "basket weaving". Unfortunately that

Yeah, I imagine that's been the question almost forever. How does someone g et famous throwing concert after concert?

Do a bunch of statisticians get together at audition after audition and pol l audiences on which person for which part is best and the money people com e in and finance the show based on the poll results?

I wouldn't be surprised.

Reply to
mogulah