cheep skate carb repair

That depends entirely on the spring installation., and a leak on the choke side can still be a serious enough issue in transition (off idle) operation

Never seen gasoline leaking from a worn throttle shaft on a side draft or up draft (small engine) carb, although I've seen it on a Quadrajet with no base insulator when the gas boils out of the float bowl onto the closed throttle plate.

Reply to
clare

I'm actually fairly careful...

--just don't try telling me I'm wrong, when in fact, I'm not.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT