Well it's about time !

Let's build a motor ! I finally got all my parts back from the machine
shop today , tomorrow I start to assemble my 305 . Actually it's a 315
now , since it's bored .060" over , but the main thing is it's finally
home and ready for assembly . I've spent the last couple of days
port-matching my heads with the new Edelbrock Performer intake manifold
and machining the tool to re-bush the loose primary throttle shaft of my
Quadrajet - and installing bushings I machined in my shop . It's LOT
tighter now ! Tomorrow I think will be crankshaft install day . I plan
to plastigage every single bearing on the crank . I'm not taking any
chance I can avoid on this build , I'm not going to get a chance to do
it over .
The particulars are :
305 bored .060 over and flat top pistons instead of .080 dished for
estimated c/r of 9.5:1 . These are the 601 HP heads , stock on the "H"
motor .
Edelbrock Performer intake manifold w/stock Quad (full rebuild) (there's
a 750 Holley waiting in the wings) and small/long tube headers .
Backed up by a 700R4 with a shift kit , to a 3.42:1 rear axle .
This is all in my '86 GMC 1500 LWB truck " Rojo Grande" .
I'm so excited I could just shit !
Reply to
Snag
Let's build a motor ! I finally got all my parts back from the machine shop today , tomorrow I start to assemble my 305 .
Good for you, that sounds like fun. I've only fully rebuilt motorcycle engines and replaced the cams and valves on cars. Monday I start a night class on fixing today's cars.
Reply to
Jim Wilkins