Re: Picking up my new ride...with NOX System Tomorrow

Well, if the car I'm about to buy checks out OK with my mechanic, I'll

>not only have a 9 second street machine, but a nitrous system to boot. :-) >What do I need to convert an NOS system from a car to a GSS? > >Mark Simpson >NAR 71503 Level II >God Bless our peacekeepers > >

A big TEE, some tubeing and a rail on the roof??

Reply to
JIM

Just in time to annoy the police state when they are enforcing common crimes using the terrorist provisions with all the associated increased penalties.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It is directly compatible BTW.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

GSE? The Hypertek system uses the exact same parts available for cars. Your car should have 2 nitrous solenoids, one of which is purge. GSE has the same setup though for slightly different reasons. You would need some sort of diverter so the nitrous goes to the rocket connection, and possibly a bit of wiring changes (not sure how the car's purge is wired, if you have one). You then need the ignition circuit for both RATT and Hypertek, and an additional O2 line/solenoid/tank and circuit for Hypertek.

I watched a motor test this past weekend and the stand was mounted to the trailer hitch of the pickup. It could easily have been a rail.

Joel. phx

You would also be concerned with pressure buildup in the tank due to the heat in the trunk. A loose tank is simple enough to cool down, you might just duct an A/C vent to the back...

Reply to
Joel Corwith

First off, of course it's red. It wouldn't be right to be any other color. Besides, my son has the identical car in blue. ;-) It's a 1994 Camaro Z28 with a 396 stroker LT-1 motor. Ported and polished heads, big cam, forged pistons and crank, 4.10 rear, TH400 w/3000 stall torque convertor, manual valve body and reverse shifter, transbrake, Hal adjustable racing shocks, Hooker longtube headers, larger injectors, Accel 300+ ignition, NOS dry system, two sets of wheels, one set with ET Streets, the other with Goodyear T/A's IIRC,

4" exhaust, subframe connectors, reinforced trans cross member, chassis, Scanmaster, Pro tach on dashboard, gauges on driver side pillar, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something. A stock Z28 was taken to a speedshop that specialized in building F-bodies for drag racing and a week and over $15,000 later, it came out of the shop a street beast. The owner used to make money street racing with it and said that he only lost once, to a turbo GS. The owner just bought an upscale house in a ritzy neighborhood and needed the cash, so I made him an offer that he couldn't refuse. Tonight, we'll see what the car can do on a Mustang dynomometer before I finalize the sale. The owner was told that it should be putting between 400 and 500 HP to the rear wheels w/o the 200HP nitrous boost and should run 9 second 1/4 miles with it. I'll get a chance to see on Oct.25th at "M8", a big Michigan GM only racing day, held at Stanton, MI's dragstrip. I'll get a chance to blow my son's doors off. >;-)

Mark Simpson

See Mark....that wasn't so hard :)

Now you do realize the minute you get home from the track we're going to require a complete report on father-n-son's results. After all, we're all rocket scientists here. We lives off the numbers :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
moonglow

Here's a link:

Reply to
Brad Hitch

A loud rumbling Z28 in a residential zone is CERTAINLY terrorism.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

OK, I stand corrected. If you beat your son you have every right to be a snob ;^)

Sounds like a nice ride, even to a non-motorhead like me.

Best of luck, Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

Had a '74 Camaro in my teen years. Had it fixed up with a 454 in it. Gotta love that big block torque! Smokeshows with those big N-50's on the back were a piece of cake. Those were the days! I'm stuck with the family hot rod for now, (Dodge Intrepid) but it beats the microvan that we used to have. My passion is to have a '73 Mustang Mach 1 all cherried out. (hey, don't ask, I just think they are cool!) Good luck with the Z-28 Mark!

-- Joe Michel NAR 82797 L1

Reply to
J.A. Michel

I loved to romp it at the bottom of a steep hill and leave a 200' black strip all the way up and throw rubber dust all over the car behind me. I miss my 72 goat. It had a 427 with 3 deuces.

Pontiac is bringing back the GTO around Xmas. I already talked to Mrs. Claus and she's thinking about it. Standing to 60 in 5.7! Check out Pontiac .com for a preview. That's a decent looking rocket if I ever saw one.

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Damn...I really likes the looks of it. Wonder the street price will be.

Here comes the Judge....

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

some deleted

Will do. He isn't going to go down easily, though. He's in the process of hooking up his nitrous system and I'm planning on running my car naturally aspirated until I get a roll cage, 5-point harness, different rear end and bigger brakes. I'm not running 9's @130+ mph until I have a good comfort level inside of the passenger compartment and am convinced that I can brake without getting any gray hairs at the end of the track. ;-)

Mark Simpson

Thanks Patrick. My victory will be short-lived though. Once I let him drive it, he'll surpass my 1/4 mile performance since he's such a stickman. Even after losing 63 pounds, I'm still over 60 pounds heavier than him...and with his quick reflexes, he cuts a mean light. ;-)

Mark Simpson

I saw the new goat. I believe the sticker almost sent me into a coronary attack, though. I had an old 66 goat w/a 396 Chevy engine in it. I bought it from a guy that had just put the rebuilt engine in the car. Never did get the electrical problems straightened out in it and sold it before I went back to college at the end of the summer.

Mark Simpson

I hear you. I bet you were (even more) hell on wheels when you were his age!

Patrick

Reply to
IceAge

I want a car fast enough to doppler shift the red lights green...

Bob Kaplow

I couldn't afford the toys that he's had. His first car, paid for mostly with his money, was a 1985 Porsche 944. Mine was a 1967 Impala SS with a crunched right fender, cost $150. His first motorcycle was a dog, but his second bike was a 2001 Suzuki RM125 pro motocross bike(which I now own). My first bike was a beat up old 250cc Yamaha street bike that had a broken kickstart so I had to pop the clutch while running alongside of the bike. I used it as a trail bike. :-) He's a real go-getter and is even holding down a good engineering tech job while attending his first semester of college on a full academic scholarship. At his age, I was a slacker by comparison. He must have gotten his mother's genes. ;-)

Mark Simpson

MonSTER,... monSter Garage

Joel. phx

Dang, now that I say that, I wonder what they would think of the idea,...

Reply to
Joel Corwith

Um that rocks, from a rocket power to weight ratio as well.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine