Re: Picking up my new ride...with NOX System Tomorrow

Hmm.

From what you've described, getting that thing into the nines would take a great deal of effort. For instance, what kind of rear suspension work has been done? Do you have 3 PSI wrinkle walls on minimum 15" wide wheels? What kind of drive shaft, rear diff, and axles do you have in there? Man, it takes a *ton* of work and HiPo gear to get a heavy car like a Camaro into the sub-10 second range.

My Camaros were always road racers -- autocross, Solo I, Solo II, that kind of thing. I never dropped below the 13's, I don't think. (1:28 at Blackhawk, and that was with a poorly tuned suspension.) But I worked on plenty of faster cars with my buddies. Engines, suspensions, ignition electronics, etc. Tons of phun. Still do it occasionally. Not nearly often enough.

Reply to
Marty Schrader

Coolness. Yeah, it sounds like you do, in fact, have the "right stuff" to get that thing into the nines. I didn't know that Strange was still doing read ends -- I had heard that they bit the big one a decade ago or so.

As far as roadworthy -- you are kidding, right? I figured anything capable of breaking the ten second barrier was an instant trailer candidate. In the nines you can't even think of making it capable of taking a corner. Another reason for me to stick with road racers: for the most part the stuff I did to my cars would translate to the street. Had to, since I raced the same cars I drove to work in. Kinda rough, though, scraping the bottom of the chassis rails on every manhole cover. Not to mention that every encounter with a pebble becomes a tooth-rattling experience. I did leave the bosses in the floor for the passenger seat, since some rule books required two seats in the car.

Okay, Jerry -- we're done talking about cars now. Relax.

Reply to
Marty Schrader