Clausing Lathe 12 x 36 FS

Click this link for photos: http://hyperphoto.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s no&u73738&a63798 &i929896

This has been my personal lathe since it was new, in my small shop doing prototypes and R & D. Ive had it in my home shop for the past three years, and now Im forced to sell it as weve moved to a smaller place where Im not able to have a shop.
I just completed a thorough cleaning and inspection, and then I completed repainted it a beautiful glossy white enamel. I havent used it since it was painted, so its superclean with no grime or greasy chips. The bed and carriage ways show virtually no wear. The slide movements are smooth and easy. All the gears and screws look just like new. Its a beautiful machine in absolutely gorgeous condition and ready for years and years of service.
This model lathe is perfect for R & D, production shops, or home workshops. The varispeed is really a joy to use - you dont have to change any belts, just simply turn the dial. The 12 x 36 size will accommodate 99% of the jobs youll run into, and Ive never encountered a situation where it seemed either underpowered or overpowered.
The machine is located in a warehouse in South San Francisco, California. Theres a large truck door and very easy access. The lathe is mounted on a skid that can be picked up with a pallet jack or forklift.
Im asking $2195. This model usually sells for around $3000, and none youll find will be as wear-free and clean.
Clausing 12 x 36 Engine Lathe, Model 5914
* 12" Swing * 36" Center to Center * 2 HP Motor * Variable Speed Drive * Back Gear: 52-280 RPM * Direct Drive: 360-2000 RPM * Spindle Nose: L00 * Center Bore: 1-1/8" w/collet closer 1-3/8" w/o collet closer * Inch Threading * Thread Dial * Tailstock with live center
Wiring:
220V, 3 phase. To run on single phase 220 or 110 V, simply install a single phase motor (best running and lowest cost solution) or use a phase converter.
Accessories:
* Three Jaw Chuck (scroll type) * Four Jaw Chuck (independent) * Aluminum Tooling Plate with removable threaded mount * Collet Closer * 5C Collet Nose Adaptor * Collets - 30 each, from 3/32 to 1 1/16 * Four Tool Posts * Wrenches and Chuck Keys
Footprint: 72"L x 21"W x 51"H
Shipping: Lathe is currently skid mounted and ready to load.
Please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net. If youd like to discuss things by phone, please include your phone number and times when I can reach you.
responding to http://www.polytechforum.com/metalworking/clausing-lathe-12-x-36-fs-274902-.htm Alec wrote:
Clausing Lathe wrote:

--