Clausing Lathe 12 x 36 FS

Click this link for photos:

This has been my personal lathe since it was new, in my small shop doing prototypes and R & D. I¹ve had it in my home shop for the past three years, and now I¹m forced to sell it as we¹ve moved to a smaller place where I¹m not able to have a shop.

I just completed a thorough cleaning and inspection, and then I completed repainted it a beautiful glossy white enamel. I haven¹t used it since it was painted, so it¹s superclean with no grime or greasy chips. The bed and carriage ways show virtually no wear. The slide movements are smooth and easy. All the gears and screws look just like new. It¹s a beautiful machine in absolutely gorgeous condition and ready for years and years of service.

This model lathe is perfect for R & D, production shops, or home workshops. The varispeed is really a joy to use - you don¹t have to change any belts, just simply turn the dial. The 12 x 36 size will accommodate 99% of the jobs you¹ll run into, and I¹ve never encountered a situation where it seemed either underpowered or overpowered.

The machine is located in a warehouse in South San Francisco, California. There¹s a large truck door and very easy access. The lathe is mounted on a skid that can be picked up with a pallet jack or forklift.

I¹m asking $2195. This model usually sells for around $3000, and none you¹ll find will be as wear-free and clean.

Clausing 12 x 36 Engine Lathe, Model 5914

  • 12" Swing
  • 36" Center to Center
  • 2 HP Motor
  • Variable Speed Drive
  • Back Gear: 52-280 RPM
  • Direct Drive: 360-2000 RPM
  • Spindle Nose: L00
  • Center Bore: 1-1/8" w/collet closer 1-3/8" w/o collet closer
  • Inch Threading
  • Thread Dial
  • Tailstock with live center

Wiring:

220V, 3 phase. To run on single phase 220 or 110 V, simply install a single phase motor (best running and lowest cost solution) or use a phase converter.

Accessories:

  • Three Jaw Chuck (scroll type)
  • Four Jaw Chuck (independent)
  • Aluminum Tooling Plate with removable threaded mount
  • Collet Closer
  • 5C Collet Nose Adaptor
  • Collets - 30 each, from 3/32 to 1 1/16
  • Four Tool Posts
  • Wrenches and Chuck Keys

Footprint: 72"L x 21"W x 51"H

Shipping: Lathe is currently skid mounted and ready to load.

Please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net. If you¹d like to discuss things by phone, please include your phone number and times when I can reach you.

Reply to
Clausing Lathe

Alec

Reply to
Alec

--Got a 'server not found' on the photos link. Good lathe; used to have the 12x24" version many moons ago.

Reply to
steamer

I think you tried to get too fancy with the photos! Dead link.

Paul

Reply to
KD7HB

responding to

cobretti wrote: you guys are responding to a thread from 2003

Reply to
cobretti