Coolant sprayer for milling?

I've been using a real simple air-powered coolant mister to spray Rustlick WS-5050 soluble oil on the workpiece while milling.

What I have is .

This works relatively well, but the sprayer is a bit too simple and it's hard to control the spray and get just enough. Usually, I am forced to use too much, and get puddles. Nor do I like the idea of breathing oil mist.

So, my question is what do people have and recommend, and why?

For instance, is there a product that generates a controllable volume of wet spray (not fine mist)?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

You'd better ask them:

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Aren't you the one who gets all bent out of shape over off-topic posts? What the heck was that about? Doesn't immediately look like it was a fake Nick post.

Reply to
xray

It was my reaction to just-another-Joseph-Gwinn-OT-posting. He posted that (snipped) link here in a different posting about Iraq. So if

*he* thinks his political crap is OK here, he should ask his metalworking related questions *there*.

I tried it several times with giving him (hopefully) helpful tips and explanations (like I did with Ignoramus). But it didn't help. He's just another one of those that can't keep their mouth shut when it is time to keep ones mouth shut.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Thanks for the pointer.

Hench does get good marks. By the way, the patent they mention in the thread is 5,390,854, which is available at .

I looked at Trico MicroDrop, which was also mentioned. Very complex, but reportedly very good. But overkill for a HSM.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn