Copper Sink

I plan on building my own hammered copper sink. I'm looking for information on what grade/gauge of copper would be best. As well as other tips or techniques from the group. (size 20"x14"x6")

Dave

Teamcasa

A good wife to clean it?

:)

Chris

Reply to
Chris

This question has been discussed before in this forum, as recently as the middle of May, do a Google search on groups with the key words copper sinks.

Richard

Teamcasa wrote:

Reply to
Richard Ferguson

A really interesting idea, something I've toyed with re a SS sink--esp. given the prices out there--incredible. Just spit-ballin here, but I think a *min* of 16 ga, a full-hard or hard-temper, which you can buy in sheets. The SS crap sold in Home Cheapo is 22 ga--mebbe even lighter--useless, imo.

Bronze might be more practical, ito cleaning/polishing, and there is something called "pink bronze" which is quite coppery. The various bearing bronzes are not far off from copper either, nicer imo. "Nickel-silver" alloy, which is basically brass doped w/ nickel that lightens it up, is *really* nice as well. And very tough, durable. Bronze comes is sheets, like copper and brass. I think one question would be, how much will you mold/bend, vs. how much will you braze/solder? You may want to make good drawings, and have a good sheet metal guy fabricate some/all of it for you. I am considering going really heavy, 1/8" (10-11 ga), toward the end of having the sink sort of blend in w/ the counter top at a shallow angle. Cabinetry below can mitigate against this, tho.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®