Countersinking with a too-fast drill press

All our drill presses at work have gear-driven power feeds. I don't know how much drilling you do or what you're drilling but I can't imagine not having the power feed.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

What about the Delta 70-200 and/or 17-968?

I'm almost sure the 70-200 has one (might be a discontinued model) and a customer of ours just bought a large number of heads for 17-968's and told us it has a MT... I sure hope he is right!!!

Anyhow... Maybe one of these will work for you?

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Hmm. I don't recall seeing these before on Delta's website, but I'll look again. Actually, I wasn't looking at 20" units then, and that may be the key.

Delta 70-200 looks possible. It's a 20" metalworker's drill press. It has a MT-3 to J33 adapter, with a J33 chuck, and a T-slot table. Min speed is 150 rpm. The drive is step pulley, 110/220, single phase. Single phase. Wonder if it also comes in three phase, so I can implement variable speed using a VFD. Switching belts on pulleys is pretty slow.

Delta 17-968 is a 17" woodworkers unit, and so has the wrong kind of table, and a single-phase motor. However, it has the same MT-3 to J33 adapter plus J33 chuck.

Delta 70-200 is still listed at

and three phase appears to be available. Don't know how I missed it. Hmm.

Thanks,

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn