Cutting aluminum plate

wrote:

Did you really "sneak up on the blade" slow and easy with the AL plate to start the cut?
That's when the shock loads will be worst, and once a few teeth get broken off the rest get killed in sequence.
I've trimmed a lot of Aluminum extrusions with a woodworking carbide blade, but you have to be very gentle with it. Or that happens.
--<< Bruce >>--
Cutting a 1" slab with a 7-1/4" blade, there is no "sneaking" up on it. Every tooth gets a fresh bite of a 1-3/8" long cut. But I strongly suspect you are correct. The enlarged photos show severely fractured carbide or clobbered backing material on the teeth that are still attached.