Dacronizing

I recently bought some coated deck screws which were dacronized. There are no sites on the Web which tell what that process is.

Is anyone here familiar with the process?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

SAE Technical Paper Series 890407 describes it - now to locate that tech paper.

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:50:34 GMT, the inscrutable "Martin H. Eastburn" spake:

Good point. Ida thunk someone who sells the coated products would have had SOMETHING on them, but everyone has the same boring, non-informative sentence regarding dacronizing. Whoever is in charge of marketing this process is an idiot for not letting the info out.

a semi-interesting paper on sintering.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 05:50:34 GMT, the inscrutable "Martin H. Eastburn" spake:

Addendum: I was poring over the SAE site and found links to 42v stuff. Curious, I viewed a few pages, then checked their book selections. You guys may find the pricing on SAE paperbacks interesting, and you'll want to be sitting down when you view this.

was at this point that I ended my viewing of the SAE site.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's not like they want a ton of money, now, is it?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

is a semi-interesting paper on sintering.

When I saw 'Dacronizing' I wondered what use on earth a Dupont trademark polyester fibre would have as a coating system for metal :-)

I suspect you want to google 'dacrotizing'

One notable link is the Dacral company

Hope that helps.

Reply to
Ian Malcolm

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:56:31 -0800, the inscrutable "Harold and Susan Vordos" spake:

If the paperbacks are $3,500, I wonder how much the bloody hardcovers cost.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Have you ever priced any of the ASME pressure vessel code books? Loose leaf, and similar cost. They're real proud of their publications. They also seem intent on keeping the information out of the hands of the common man. Price certainly does that.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 22:50:22 +0000, the inscrutable Ian Malcolm spake:

I had the same misgivings when I saw the spelling.

OK, now you do one for "dacronizing" to see my meager results.

Yes, thanks. DacroMet appears to be the method used on my screws. They look as if they were sprayed with a fine aluminum coating, though they were probably dipped and spun. It's an extremely smooth and nice coating; beats the hell out of hot-dip galv. ;)