Do replaceable lathe ways have any value?

I have a 20" by 14' Lodge and Shipley lathe that I am parting out.
I am mostly paying attention to parts that tend to break when machines
are moved, and need to be replaced, such as handles, taper attachment
base etc. The usual stuff.
But, interestingly, this lathe has replaceable ways, they mount in the
slots on the bed. These have very little wear near the headstock, no wear
beyond that, and can be always installed with the unworn side towards
the chuck. (the lathe was used for an unusual roll threading operation
and that is why the ways have little wear).
Am I assuming correctly that I can, eventually, find a buyer for
those? I will have to ask for a lot of money since waiting for a long
time is not cheap for me.
Ignoramus32174
Yes, I'm sure that several square feet of scrap-value-cost iron in your own (paid-for) building cost you plenty of cash out of pocket, don't they, Ig?
Long Live Capitalism!
Reply to
Larry Jaques
Yes, capitalism is awesome.
I paid $425 for that lathe, estimated weight 10k lbs.
But I had to remove it, bring my 15k forklift etc.
The question is, should I try to save those ways, I am thinking yes but not 100% sure.
Ignoramus32174
Pictures of the lathe are here
Ignoramus32174
Pictures of the lathe are here

Ignoramus32174
Well, the question is how many of those L&S lathes were made, and how many still exist? Would anybody looking to rebuild such a lathe ever be able to find that you had the parts? Finally, would these parts be something somebody could make up on a surface grinder, or are they pretty intricate?
Jon
Reply to
Jon Elson
Exactly the right questions. I think that they are hardened, long, and probably not that cheap to make, but certainly can be manufactured.
Ignoramus32174
If its in that good of shape..why the hell are you parting it out?????
Gunner
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner
It was missing major components in the carriage and cross slide. Like I said, they were not using it in a normal way.
Ignoramus12882