Do you wear Shorts while Working?

You might turn the neighbors into raving aroused madmen.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
Netherlands: Complaints about construction workers dress
The heads of a contractor firm working on a large renovation project
in Almere were asked last week if the construction workers could
change their short pants into something with longer legs. The Muslim
neighbors had complained about the workers wearing such bare clothing.
In order not to succumb in the tropical heat of the past weeks, the
men had exchanged their work overalls for short pants and a t-shirt.
Construction workers Robin Willemsen says that they all walk around
with short pants. Together with his colleagues he's renovating the
outside of 750 residences in Almere.
Willemsen says that the contractor came to tell them that Muslim
neighbors had complained that their clothing were too bare and too
short. The comment was duly noted, but Willemsen says that they don't
intend to dress in overalls in such sweltering heat.
The complaints were new for Richard Hekert of construction firm
Mateboer from Kampen, and he says there were agreements about correct
clothing, and that includes short pants and t-shirts too, but if
residents think it's a serious nuisance, they'll see how they can
solve it.
Reply to
sparky
sparky wrote in news:83cc8e88-4810-4e01-8eb5- snipped-for-privacy@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:
If a pair of short trousers irritates the ragheads, just think about what _these_ would do to them!
Reply to
Eregon
I think it's high time that it be made perfectly clear to Muslims who have moved into western nations that they are required to adapt and adjust their ways to fit in with the customs and culture of their newly adopted homes. It is not up to the majorities in these countries to change their ways because Muslims don't like the way things are done in their new countries. If Muslims can't change they should go back to the countries where they came from. The governments of these western nations need to make the Muslims understand this reality and so far they have not done so and have instead bent over backwards to accommodate them. This needs to stop. I would particularly recommend this to the US as it would stop a lot of trouble before it happens.
Hawke
Reply to
Hawke
I don't know but I liked that commercial.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
If the anti-shorts attitude is muslim then they seem to already have infiltrated OSHA, as well as virtually every city and state building department, and most major construction companies- because on virtually every major construction site I have worked on, the christian, captialist running dogs tell me exactly the same thing- NO SHORTS!
Right after they tell me to wear a hardhat, an orange vest, safety glasses, and steel toed boots. I just was on a jobsite in Phoenix, working on the new light rail there, and they would no sooner have let me wear shorts than an Osama Bin Laden T Shirt. And it was 95.
Reply to
Ries
I agree, but I haven't heard of any similar instances in metro NY, which has quite a few Muslims. The Hasidim definitely demand and get special treatment, however.
Reply to
ATP*
On Sun, 18 May 2008 15:10:56 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:
Allow them even quicker access to servicing their camels?
No comment, Wes. ;)
- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------
Reply to
Larry Jaques
A job I worked at some 50 years ago (field survey work) permitted shorts. The guys even got to have a swim in any convenient body of water, especially during heat waves; then the traveling public began to complain about these guys goofing off during working hours, swimming in jockey shorts or less. Word soon came down banning shorts and no more cooling off in the pond. A few idiots spoiled a good thing. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
I wonder if you would also include the imigrants from south of the Rio Grande and west of the Pacific??? ...lew...
Reply to
Lew Hartswick
It's not the idiots, it's those who either over-react or just flat out take advantage of the idiots to force their own will on others. Those are the real idiots. .
Jon
Reply to
Jon Danniken
Tell the ragheads to pount sand up their asses, or move back to the 12th century...er...the Middle East.
Gunner
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Reply to
Gunner Asch
Ill be wearing cargo shorts tommorow, along with a pair of desert combat boots. And maybe one of my HAAS t-shirts
Gunner, California, 103 today
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Reply to
Gunner Asch
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
That's one to remember! I've used a discreet wire near the radio & connecting the other end to the signal generator, select square wave o/p, crank the volts up and adjust the frequency for the desired result.
Reply to
Den
Sitting at a stop light today, I noticed that the Honda Civic in front of me had it's brake lights dimming in sequence with the cyclic bass emanating from the body panels Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
Sadly I think the ghetto blasters are 8 ohms or I'd be doing it.
Wes
Not enough Farads.
Wes
Reply to
Wes
Or not enough CC's driving not enough alternator watts and not enough brain in the nut holding the steering wheel. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
A 90V B battery might be more portable
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
I'm old enough to have seen those things in stores.
Wes
I remember taking the 2 volt wet cell A battery to the RR Station Agent's house to be sent on the next train for recharge. The train made return trips Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Need I say, we kept two batteries. IIRCC, B batteries lasted about 6 months, while C batteries were good for a couple years. There wasn't much recreational listening - news at breakfast and supper, Proctor and Gamble hour in the afternoon for mother, Friday night boxing (Gillette) and Hockey night in Canada with Foster Hewitt (I don't think a game went by that Grandmother didn't go change into her nightie after the Leafs scored a goal) Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller