Do you wear Shorts while Working?

You might turn the neighbors into raving aroused madmen.

Saturday, May 17, 2008 Netherlands: Complaints about construction workers dress The heads of a contractor firm working on a large renovation project in Almere were asked last week if the construction workers could change their short pants into something with longer legs. The Muslim neighbors had complained about the workers wearing such bare clothing.

In order not to succumb in the tropical heat of the past weeks, the men had exchanged their work overalls for short pants and a t-shirt. Construction workers Robin Willemsen says that they all walk around with short pants. Together with his colleagues he's renovating the outside of 750 residences in Almere.

Willemsen says that the contractor came to tell them that Muslim neighbors had complained that their clothing were too bare and too short. The comment was duly noted, but Willemsen says that they don't intend to dress in overalls in such sweltering heat.

The complaints were new for Richard Hekert of construction firm Mateboer from Kampen, and he says there were agreements about correct clothing, and that includes short pants and t-shirts too, but if residents think it's a serious nuisance, they'll see how they can solve it.

Reply to
sparky

sparky wrote in news:83cc8e88-4810-4e01-8eb5- snipped-for-privacy@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

If a pair of short trousers irritates the ragheads, just think about what _these_ would do to them!

Reply to
Eregon

I think it's high time that it be made perfectly clear to Muslims who have moved into western nations that they are required to adapt and adjust their ways to fit in with the customs and culture of their newly adopted homes. It is not up to the majorities in these countries to change their ways because Muslims don't like the way things are done in their new countries. If Muslims can't change they should go back to the countries where they came from. The governments of these western nations need to make the Muslims understand this reality and so far they have not done so and have instead bent over backwards to accommodate them. This needs to stop. I would particularly recommend this to the US as it would stop a lot of trouble before it happens.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

I don't know but I liked that commercial.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

If the anti-shorts attitude is muslim then they seem to already have infiltrated OSHA, as well as virtually every city and state building department, and most major construction companies- because on virtually every major construction site I have worked on, the christian, captialist running dogs tell me exactly the same thing- NO SHORTS!

Right after they tell me to wear a hardhat, an orange vest, safety glasses, and steel toed boots. I just was on a jobsite in Phoenix, working on the new light rail there, and they would no sooner have let me wear shorts than an Osama Bin Laden T Shirt. And it was 95.

Reply to
Ries

I agree, but I haven't heard of any similar instances in metro NY, which has quite a few Muslims. The Hasidim definitely demand and get special treatment, however.

Reply to
ATP*

On Sun, 18 May 2008 15:10:56 -0400, with neither quill nor qualm, Wes quickly quoth:

Allow them even quicker access to servicing their camels?

No comment, Wes. ;)

- Press HERE to arm. (Release to detonate.) -----------

Reply to
Larry Jaques

A job I worked at some 50 years ago (field survey work) permitted shorts. The guys even got to have a swim in any convenient body of water, especially during heat waves; then the traveling public began to complain about these guys goofing off during working hours, swimming in jockey shorts or less. Word soon came down banning shorts and no more cooling off in the pond. A few idiots spoiled a good thing. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I wonder if you would also include the imigrants from south of the Rio Grande and west of the Pacific??? ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

It's not the idiots, it's those who either over-react or just flat out take advantage of the idiots to force their own will on others. Those are the real idiots. .

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Tell the ragheads to pount sand up their asses, or move back to the

12th century...er...the Middle East.

Gunner

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Ill be wearing cargo shorts tommorow, along with a pair of desert combat boots. And maybe one of my HAAS t-shirts

Gunner, California, 103 today

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That's one to remember! I've used a discreet wire near the radio & connecting the other end to the signal generator, select square wave o/p, crank the volts up and adjust the frequency for the desired result.

Reply to
Den

Sitting at a stop light today, I noticed that the Honda Civic in front of me had it's brake lights dimming in sequence with the cyclic bass emanating from the body panels Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Sadly I think the ghetto blasters are 8 ohms or I'd be doing it.

Wes

Wes

Not enough Farads.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Or not enough CC's driving not enough alternator watts and not enough brain in the nut holding the steering wheel. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

A 90V B battery might be more portable

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I'm old enough to have seen those things in stores.

Wes

Wes

I remember taking the 2 volt wet cell A battery to the RR Station Agent's house to be sent on the next train for recharge. The train made return trips Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. Need I say, we kept two batteries. IIRCC, B batteries lasted about 6 months, while C batteries were good for a couple years. There wasn't much recreational listening - news at breakfast and supper, Proctor and Gamble hour in the afternoon for mother, Friday night boxing (Gillette) and Hockey night in Canada with Foster Hewitt (I don't think a game went by that Grandmother didn't go change into her nightie after the Leafs scored a goal) Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller