Do you wear Shorts while Working?

Oh, I think you are a bit older than me. How is life in retirement?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

After 14 years, I still haven't figured out how I ever found time to earn a living! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Back just before 9/11 the company I worked for failed and was liquidated. Until my savings ran out, I enjoyed the 8 months off. I don't think I'll have a problem with retirement when I get there.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

When the offender isn't around, poke a small hole in the paper dome over the speaker coil and squirt a little superglue in there. Removes all the bass and most of the treble. I've used that to good effect. Another guy had a radio that made way too much noise, so I opened it and twisted one of the transistors so the leads shorted. The twit found it, believe it or not, even though he had no clue about electronics. I got serious with the next one, smashed it flat in the hydraulic press. Ran another through the pressure cabinet washer; 180- degree caustic washes all the music out of a radio. On another, I tuned it to the classical-music station and superglued the tuning mechanism to that spot. These and many other tricks escalated to fantastic levels at one point, but we were sure having fun. I noticed that production was up when we had fun, and told the boss I (as shop foreman) was going to allow it to continue, within reason. He didn't like that. Had no sense of humor. Production and morale fell off after I left, they told me. Nobody ever got hurt through those 12 years of playfulness. I could have written a thick book on all the practical jokes we played. I can just see OSHA trying to get it pulled off the bookstore shelves.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

The AC would likely do a lot more damage.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I had a neighbor who would bum rides. As soon as you started the engine, he would change the radio to his favorite station. I had a nice

63 Pontiac Catalina convertible with a factory AM radio. He got in one day and got really pissed because he could turn the knobs, and the dial would move, but the station didn't change, and neither did the volume. When the station identified as a FM country station and he freaked out. He was yelling, "There's something wrong with the radio!", "There's something wrong with the radio!" I told him "It sounds ok, to me." He never asked for another ride. :)

You need sense, before you can have a sense of humor. :(

If the shop is really humid, just pour a little salt on the circuit board. By the time it quits working, it won't be worth repairing. It might even give a little light show and lots of distortion as it dies. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell