Does this count

as metalworking ? I just lined a cake pan with foil for the cinnamon rolls that are rising in the dough machine . I'll bake those rolls in the same foil-lined steel cake pan when they've proofed . The oven is also metal ... mostly . Anybody wanna see pics of the finished product ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Never mind pics, I want a sample.

Reply to
Volker Borchert

+1 on this, I hope you made enough for the whole group.
Reply to
Jon Danniken

Yes, and NO, respectively.

Prolly ruint 'em with sugar drizzled all over 'em, too, dincha? Egad!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Chocolate glaze . Extra raisins . If'n y'all can get here before they're gone ... I've been doing all our baking except certain desserts that are the wife's . Bread that is as light and fluffy as store bought , bread sticks that are better . It's all in how kneady you are ...

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Heathen! Ruining a good chocolate fix with pedestrian raisins? Ick.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ah , but I didn't make 'em for you , I made 'em for the wife and I . Besides , there's always a semi-sweet bar here for when I get that jones . Ever tried dried pineapple dipped in chocolate ?

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Doesn't matter who it's for; heathen ways are heathen ways. Repent!

Ditto here, but I use artificial sweeteners.

Ooh, sounds delish. I'll have to try that, loving both foods.

One of my website clients sells gift baskets in Hawaii and sent some of their dried pineapple. OMG What a difference from the local store-bought stuff; Night and day. The Hawaiian is simply dehydrated pineapple and has all sorts of flavor.

I like semi-sweet chocolate, as it contains less sugar and is _dark_ choco.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

My doc's got me on Sugar Busters diet, so I haven't had dessert in over a year. Still wants me to lose more weight, glucose and A1C a little above range. I'm trying.

Lucky for me, I'm not addicted to sweets, just food. More of a savory kind of guy. I can still bake them, though. Just can't touch. I'll make a couple of chocolate pecan pies, or my old favorite, peach kuchen (both my departed mom's recipes), for a crowd of kin or a celebration. Just don't eat them. I won't make her tea ring. Letting dough rise 3-4 times is too damn much work to not eat some.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Pete Keillor

I must admit to a sweet tooth , but I just like to eat too . Got a pot of spaghetti sauce simmering now , used tomatoes I harvested yesterday in it . Trying a new-to-me sauce/paste/salsa tomato called san marzano . Looks like a winner , and smells like it too ... Metalworking content : I made the tomato cages with 6" concrete re-wire , and MIG welded the joints .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

I've a sweet tooth, too, but I'm sensitive to sugar, the worst corrosive to man's body in mankind's diet.

Last night, I cooked up some rice angel hair, Japanese eggplant, zuke, and yellow crookneck (all from my garden), browned some beef sausage, and made an alfredo pesto sauce to go over it. 'Twas delish.

I cleaned up in my stainless steel sink.

Reply to
Larry Jaques