Pricing on Aluminum Extrusions

For those of you who use 8020 (ChaCHING!) for building jigs and such, check out the prices at Orange. Better than eBay pricing!

or

Disclaimer: I just saw their ad.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I've been eyeing the strut that HD sells for light structural use, like a temporary stock rack. Has anyone used it for beams, columns, shelf supports?

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Here's the data sheet:

Jim Wilkins

Which, SUPERSTRUT? Methinks it's too light for your suggested uses. It's for hanging lightweight electrical conduit runs and such. 12ga

I used Sterling HD shelf brackets for my lumber racks, good for about #300 per bracket. Looking at them, I think they're probably 12ga, too.

and

Larry Jaques