Dog tags

Use a washer, engrave it, slit the ear of the infant, insert the washer, stitch the part you slit to hold the washer in place, let it heal for a week and a half. You got yourself a decorative ear washer-tag. When the kid grows up to school age he/she will be a cool dude/dudette

cheers T.Alan

Ignoramus19652 wrote:

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

Gnaw man - use the new cool Sony MP3 earlobe player that plugs into the ear when mounted on the ear. Store vitals there and listen to the tunes. Made for the X ladies so it seems. Projects text on the neck as to song...

Simply wild. Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH, NRA Life NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

brassbend wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I like those plastic ear tags the cows wear. You could even color code them. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 09:41:25 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl Vorwerk" quickly quoth:

Sacre bleu! Laser barcoding of zee temple vood be tres chic, non?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

"Ignoramus19652" wrote in message news:RuXYe.100699$ snipped-for-privacy@fe23.usenetserver.com... | I would like to buy several dog tags for my family. I have an engraver | and an etcher. Which of them would be better for writing on these dog | tags? | | Second question, what chain to use for them that's most comfortable, | unconspicuous and yet strong. Two adults, one 4 year old and one | infant soon to appear. Something cheap that can be bought off ebay | would be better. | | Third, is there some way to safely attach a dog tag to an infant in | case of emergency, so that he does not strangle himself with it. | | i

Military dogtags are stamped (embossed,) not etched. I still have one of mine on my keychain. Will never wear off, and I got 'em almost twenty years ago, which in a dogtag's life, is nothing. They last longer and will still be legible even in the worst conditions. We also had little rubber silences to go around the dogtag to keep them quieter, since folks running found the noise annoying. I would suspect that you can find them made to your liking damn near anywhere they're sold, including ebay The ball chain has been well tested by the services, and are the best way to go. You can get the chain at the hardware store. The sleeve from parachute cord is good, but the chain is bright so it can be seen better in darkness. I think because an infant's skin is so fragile and they're so likely to put things in their mouth, there really isn't a good place on their body to put tags. I think that if you had a safety pin attached to their clothes that might be a much better way to go, and you can keep it on their back, out of sight and reach for the child, but within reach for an adult and easy to confirm its presence. Here's a fellow on ebay who does a bunch of just that:

and look for dog tags. They aren't cheap, but to get the good stuff you can't do it for next to nothing.

Reply to
carl mciver

You're right, Google is your friend, people should learn to use it:

-- Regards, Curly

Curly Surmudgeon