Drilling through welds

Is a really good way to sharpen your skills at sharpening drills.

3/4" stainless or some other high-alloy bar, stick welded a stub on the end right through an existing hole with my own inadequate skills. Plan "A" had been to use an alternative retaining method for the stuff that had to go on the rod, but plan "A" had to be abandoned.

Fortunately, I'm stubborn. And I know how to sharpen drills.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Poor penetration, press out with a suitable diameter punch? Clamp it in the mill and use an end mill to remove the errant rod?

Reply to
Pete C.