E-85 in a non-E-85 engine?

spaco wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

Ya got me, Pete: at one time I was averageing a fifth/night [Bourbon or Scots'] and staying [relatively] sober.

I can only guess that the claimant of impending doom is a rabid crusading tee-totaller.

Reply to
RAM³

Everclear is NOT even close to mild or tasteless! Try it some time. It will make you wish that you didn't touch it. No hangover? Not very likely.

Steve W.

Body weight can make a difference. The catch with all of the mixed drinks is that they are MIXED drinks. The mixer used acts as a buffer and slows the alcohol absorption into the bloodstream. With straight Everclear there is NO buffer. It starts absorption as soon as it hits the mouth and through the entire digestive tract.

Reply to
Steve W.

Actually oil companies are not buying ethonal plants. But some of them are building ethonal plants that use grass or bagasse.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I know the ones around here that shut down did so when they discovered that ethanol production was a negative cash flow proposition. When the high dollar subsidies stopped the plants shut down.

Reply to
Steve W.

"Steve W." wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

No mixer = no hangover.

If I want cold booze I'll put the bottle in the ice box to chill it.

If I want soda pop I'll buy one.

I don't pollute the booze: if I didn't like the flavor of it I'd buy something else.

Reply to
RAM³

"Steve W." wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

Having consumed somewhere around 20 gallons of the stuff - neat - I stand by my assessment.

I attribute my lifelong avoidance of hangovers to a refusal to "mix" booze

- whether types/brands or by polluting the booze with water and/or other foreign substances.

I'm neither a wino nor a beer drinker - I stick to Glenfiddich, Jim Beam, Sauza Silver, and Presidente brandy - and never mix or pollute them.

Everclear is a brand name for a commercial version of good 'shine.

Reply to
RAM³

On 21 Feb 2009 10:38:13 GMT, the infamous "RAM³" scrawled the following:

Hayseuss Crisco, guys. Join me at the next AA meeting? ;)

-- Women and cats will do as they please,

and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Makes me really glad I dont drink.

And I never wake up in a ladies bedroom without knowing how I got there...and they all weigh less than I do.

Gunner

"Upon Roosevelt's death in 1945, H. L. Mencken predicted in his diary that Roosevelt would be remembered as a great president, "maybe even alongside Washington and Lincoln," opining that Roosevelt "had every quality that morons esteem in their heroes.""

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking:

FWIW, my liver and kidneys are in excellent shape.

While - in my youth - I did quite a bit of "serious" drinking, I never "drank for effect". I simply found that practice increased tolerance for the stuff and, back then, I did a lot of practicing.

This period continued until the day that, upon arriving home, I found myself reaching for a jug and decided that I didn't want to fall into THAT particular trap.

Two years later, I had my next drink and limited myself to no more than

2/night if dining out and none if at home.

Now, I keep some in stock for medicinal purposes [both as a sleep aid and as a flatulence preventative] and for the occasional guest's benefit.

While I'll have one now and then, I still don't "do" mixed drinks other than Coffee+Kahlua on rare occasions.

I've seen the lives of too many friends & family members destroyed by the stuff.

When asked about my preference for coffee over booze, I simply state that I've found that I can make a big enough fool of myself "cold sober" and don't feel the need for any help from the stuff.

It's sorta like my attitude toward bi/motorcycle helmets: each individual knows whether there's anything "up there" worth protecting.

I feel that each individual has the right to choose just how big a fool he/she/it wants to appear to be...

Reply to
RAM³