economical truing/shaping brake to square up my wheel?

I recently bought a Boyar Schultz 6x12 Surface Grinder.
I purchased a new Diamond grinding wheel 7"x 1.25" x 1/8" Type 1A1.
While grinding a 2" diameter face I noticed that one location of the grind
is always lower
than the rest of the surface. This appears on the back edge on the last
pass. I rotated my Vblock and piece 90*
and had the same problem. I assume this is due to the fact that the wheel
is not square and the wheel could be at a
slight angle on the edge and not make contact.
Where can I find a economical truing/shaping brake to square up my wheel?
Reply to
Pal
Pal You can true up a diamond wheel by grinding a small soft steel block. See the following url for options
There is a hard composite rod we had at one place I worked but I cannot remember the product name. If I find out I will post it here later. It was a 3/8" dia rod that was placed in a holder and the diamond wheel run across it in .010 passes very quickly. Mainly used it to get rid of the taper on a dished diamond wheels on T&C grinder.
Pal wrote:
Reply to
Machineman
I tried that technique. At 0.01 of a cut I was stalling out my single phase motor. I tried less of a cut and it worked a little better but not where I need it yet.
Could I run my diamond blade over an old carbide wheel locked into the chuck? Or make some jig where It could spin?
Or would the small diamond I have for dressing up carbide wheels work too?
PAl
Reply to
Pal
I got the name of the product I referred to. Its made by Gidco-foulkes, see the url below
Not sure of the price, more than a block of steel and cheaper than a brake controled truing device :-)
Pal wrote:
Reply to
Machineman
Take a look at these pages. it explains how it's used but not the principles. The third page shows a cheaper version.
http://www.diam> Can anyone explain the proper use/operation of a brake controlled trueing > device?
Reply to
Machineman

Site Timeline