Automating my Suface Grinder

I have a Boyar Schultz 6x12 manual surface grinder.

I would like to add some type of servo or stepper motor to the x and y axis. Do I need to integrate them with a computer or can I have some type of other mechanical method for limiting the travel and speed for each axis?

My workpieces are 2" in diameter so I don't need much travel. On the X axis I need 1 revolution. the Y I need much more.

Any equipment recommendations? Thanks Pal

Reply to
Pal

A few years back I automated a hand operated surface grinder using car windscreen wiper motors and microswitches to set the travel - it worked very well. (Sold it now and have a hydraulic one)

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

How did you do it Andrew? Get the motors to reverse quickly?

"Andrew Mawson" wrote in news:c7vmcs$n3$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com:

Reply to
Marty Escarcega