Surface grinder conversion

I have found a surface grinder for my shop but it is manual feed. Has anyone converted one over to power feed? If so how did you do it? I am only interested in the x and y axis. Thanks, Neal

Reply to
Neal

I once made a jury rig surface grinder based on a spare Myford ML7 bed. Y traverse was manual but the X traverse was automatic.

Instead of a rack I used a stretched tight bicycle chain. A geared down 24v dc motor drove a standard bicycle sprocket meshed with the chain and a microswitch at each end tripped a relay to reverse the motor. Worked fine.

Jim

Reply to
pentagrid