Surface grinder taper info?

Is there a spec available on the web for the taper used on surface grinders? I am looking for the taper on the end of my Boyar Schultz 6-12 surface grinder. It is where the Sopko hubs fit. I have info on lots of other tapers used in machining but I have not found that particular taper.

Thanks, Pete.

Reply to
Peter Reilley

Did you try Sopko?

The taper I've seen most often is 3 in/ft.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Pete,

Try Iscar.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

They are usually a Jarno Taper.

Gunner

Some may decry the impeachment of William Jefferson Clinton as a national trauma, but not humorist P.J. O'Rourke, who thinks the proceedings are a win-win situation

-- and grand entertainment to boot. Mr. O'Rourke, writing in the latest issue of the Weekly Standard, acknowledges that "some earnest souls have gone so far as to aver that impeachment has distracted President Clinton from ... raising taxes, destroying health care, appointing 1960s bakeheads to high political office, soliciting felonious campaign contributions, hanging friends out to dry for Arkansas real estate frauds, giving missile secrets to the Chinese, taking credit for the benefits of a free market about which he knows little and cares less, using U.S. military forces as fig leaves for domestic scandals and au pairs for the U.N., leading foreign policy back into the flea circus of Jimmy Carterism, having phone sex, groping patronage seekers, and snapping the elastic on the underpants of psychologically disturbed school-age White House interns entrusted with the task of delivering high-level government pizza." Ouch. Tell us what you really think, P.J. "No matter what, Bill," Mr.O'Rourke concludes, "your girlfriend's ugly, your wife hates you, and your dog can't hunt."

Gunner

The taper specification on my Jones and Shipman 540 surface grinder spindle is 30Deg 0Min 0sec

Jim

Reply to
pentagrid

My Boyar Schultz 6x18 uses 3" /ft. which I believe is standard for most surface grinders .

Randy

Reply to
Randal O'Brian