5C Collet Dimensions?

Does anyone know where I can find the specs for a 5C collet? I want to make a collet chuck for a lathe. The Machinery Handbook has some of the dimensions but not for the taper.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
dberryhill

Chief McGee

Thanks but that doesn't have the taper specs either.

Reply to
dberryhill

-Bruno

"dberryhill" wrote:

Reply to
Bruno

Excellent! Thanks!

Reply to
dberryhill

The Machinery Handbook has some of the dimensions but not for the taper.

Always 10 degrees.

Reply to
Peter H.

Look up "Make your own Collet Chuck" in "Metalworking #1" (Village Press), page 56, by Pat Loop.

Paul in AJ AZ

Reply to
Pep674

As long as we're at it, where can I find the dimensional data for 10mm collets as used in Derbyshire and/or Levin jeweler's lathes?

Hoyt

Reply to
hoyt mckagen