Epoxing steel question

Guys,
I've talked to a tech support guy at epoxy manufacturer.
He told me that to get better bond it's good to treat steel with phosphoric acid
solution before epoxying it. Phosphoric acid converts iron oxide(always covers
the steel
surface) into Iron Phosphate (a black substance) which is much better for epoxy
to bond
with.
Anyone tried phosphoric acid to improve epoxy bond with steel?
Thanks
Reply to
Alex
Ed Angell