Flood coolant?

What do y'all use for flood coolant? I've been using TriCool but have a problem with evaporation. Is there something that will not disappear so rapidly? Stuff tends to foam a bit more than I like as well.

Reply to
Gerry

How about a water-soluble oil? I use it in my rotary surface grinder and lathe.

Reply to
Buerste

I do the same and have been rather happy.

Reply to
Ignoramus12188

High sulphur based cutting oil. No toilet water for me, except in the mist sprayer, which seldom gets used. Then its KoolMist.

Gunner Asch

My favorite is BioCool 500, a synthetic whatever that means. "The Kid" got me several pails while at a previous job. I find that the mix gets richer as it evaporates - you're only losing water not oil. I got a coolant % tester off eBay. When it gets over 7%, I add 3% coolant, saves almost half. Otherwise, I add 5%. 3, 5, and 7 percent feel different; you could just thin your adds when it starts feeling too oily.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend