FOLLOWUP -- Cracked pipe wrench

In addition to having a crack, it also turned out to not grip pipes very well. So it was not worth fixing. I gave it away to someone for free and bought a Ridgid at another garage sale.

Reply to
Ignoramus25756

Steve, the bad one, I also bought at a garage sale.

Reply to
Ignoramus25756

Doubtfully that was the case... It is an old one, and a name I never heard about...

Reply to
Ignoramus25756

Did you take it to a store and see if they would replace it?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

I know, but some brands have a replacement policy, and a store may replace it. Not sure about your particular item, but some do.

Just a thought.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

Now, you need a Rigid calender, just to match your pipe wrench.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

The jaws are replaceable. You may have to pony up the bucks though.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Several years back I paid $2.00 for an Estwing 20 oz. framing hammer with an abused leather disk handle. Next time I was in Home Despot, I asked customer service if they knew whether the lifetime waranty covered the handle, their response was "bring it and your purchase receipt in and we will look into it." Couple days latter I was in the local, small chain outlet (Home Hardware, St. Jacobs Ontario) and asked (it turned out) the store manager the same question, he invited me into his office while he made two phone calls to get me the number for the Canadian representative in Toronto, and had it not been a Saturday, he would have made the call for me. As it turned out, the handle was not covered, so I took it apart and put in a couple of Aluminium spacers to make up for the lost sections. When Junior bought his first house last year, he hinted broadly that he needed a good hammer so it now resides at his house. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

When I first saw the header I thought it said " Crack pipe wrench" and thought we were going to have to co an intervention.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I thought the same, but realizing that crack pipes don't require wrenches, I reread the subject line...

Reply to
Pete C.

Not wrenches * wenches* as seen on a Cops rerun.

Reply to
ED

"Pete C." wrote: I thought the same, but realizing that crack pipes don't require

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Oh! I thought it said "crack pipe wench."

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

Estwing's are a great hammer. I bought my nephew a Estwing hatchet for Christmas. He is in second grade. I figure the rifle is going to be ez to get past mom based on this. :)

I have a 16, 20 and a waffle head not to mention a hammer for whacking rocks to see inside. Good tools. The nylon grips hold up but leather is way cooler :)

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Looks real nice with a coupla sections of 1/2" aluminium at the ends! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I dated her sister!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You should have posted a picture to the dropbox.

Wes

Was she the one who turned you into a lesbian? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell