Forklift Tire Press

I didn't know how they changed forklift tires, but seeing this item on the local Craigslist, I thought some of you might like to see it.

Asking way too much for any of us unless you're regularly involved in servicing forklifts.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

I changed cushion tires on my Nissan forklift just two days ago. The tire changing truck had a very similar press. I was very impressed by that operation.

Ignoramus26473

I had posted it thinking specifically of you and your new forklift, but when I saw the price, I realized it wasn't worthwhile for you.

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

It would not be worthwhile to just buy one to do one forklift, but it could be a good money maker for someone. For myself, for now, I decided that I will not provide any services to any customers.

Reply to
Ignoramus29401

It is actually shockingly easy. The guy did the entire job under 30 minutes, not counting paperwork.

Ignoramus29401

Everything worked great in under 30 minutes. The forklift did, indeed, jack itself off the floor, using the mast tilt. I was very impressed.

Ignoramus29401

Last time I watched the crew out of Troy do them it was about an hour. I told him the other lift wasn't going to be as fast. That one had foam filled tires and not on split rims.... They cheated and replaced the tires and rims with new foam filled. We did save the old rims. Tossed them in the burn off oven and cooked them clean. Amazing what a few thousand degrees will do to rubber !!!

Reply to
Steve W.

He had a compressor in his truck.

Ignoramus19887