Free or nearly so Lathes

A customer just took delivery of two new CNC lathes, so the ones they are replaceing need to go away ASAP!

both are running, in very good condition and with tooling

Hitachi Seiki 5D turret lathe. This is about a 20" swing, with nice 3 jaw, double turrets etc. I believe this is microswitch programable. In excellent running condition

Herbert 2 Senior turret lathe. About 14" swing, Excellent condition and in good running order.

Both lathes may be used manually as regular lathes or as turret lathes, with full manual controls and power feeds in all axis

Customer wants scrap price for either/both. We figure $500 each would be about right.

Located in San Fernando, California.

Company is All American Products (you may have some of their drill bushings, fixtures etc etc)

818-365-8675

Ask for Pedro or Marshal

If they dont sell quick, they are going to get pushed into a dumpster and broken up.

These would make someone a hell of a nice utility lathe. Now is the time for you to get a big lathe cheap cheap cheap. Either would make good retrofits

I have pictures, but if you are interested, move fast as they need the room.

And no..the Okuma engine lathe is mine

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

Darn. Too bad they weren't in Chicago.

Reply to
AL

Shipping by truck isnt that expensive. Ill bet you could get them both there for less than $2k by doing a bit of research.

Gunner

"In my humble opinion, the petty carping levied against Bush by the Democrats proves again, it is better to have your eye plucked out by an eagle than to be nibbled to death by ducks." - Norman Liebmann

Reply to
Gunner

omg there is so much used machinery available in Chicago theives probably put cars up on scrapped lathe beds instead of cement blocks when they steal tires.

Seattle, now that is a scarce place for machinery.

Reply to
rick

I'd agree. I shipped an 1800 pound mill from California to Colorado for $500. A freight broker is where you can get a one-off price like this; otherwise you need a decent contract with a shipping company.

Steve

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

I'd photos of the double turret lathe, Gunner. I was describing just such a beast to a customer of mine who may be able to use it. It's a long shot, but worth running it by them.

I'm very familiar with All American, I've purchased many of their bushings over the years, mostly tiny ones used as wire guides and shear dies for small wire.

Is the Okuma an LS series? I'll trade you my 10EE.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Oh yeah??? try Eureka. (CA)