g-coding problem

Does anyone know if there is a variant to the L10 array command that will permit the Y step to repeat first before the X step repeats? My controller's documentation doesn't list it (doesn't even tell you what the r,c,x,y, and e variables do, but I figger'd it out)

I have an array cut to do that is very (crazy) inefficient if I cut via the regular L10 command, but quite efficient if I can step first in y, then in x.

Thanks, LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in news:l5m7h.267$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.tampabay.rr.com:

LLoyd, It would help if you specified _what_ controller you are using. It does make a difference. My suggestion would be to punt the L10 and write a small macro to do what you want. You can generally optimize a macro better than what the controller comes default with as far as canned cycles anyway. They play everything 'super safe' you don't have to.

Reply to
Anthony