I want to paint small sheet metal parts without the benefit of a spray gun

I want to paint small sheet metal parts without the benefit of a spray gun.I want a nice factory looking paint job.I'm using Rustoleum high gloss metal paint.Dipping into the paint can creates a thick coat of paint.Any ideas?Thanks

Reply to
Ranger851

Paintbrushes work relatively well.

Ignoramus31273

Reply to
M Berger

M Berger a =E9crit :

At what temperature do you bake that Krylon ? Thanks

J=2EP.

Reply to
J.P.

Try powdercoating.

Reply to
Gary Brady

+1 on the powdercoat. If you don't want to get into doing it yourself, check around for a powder coater in your area. I have a lot of small stuff powdercoated, and it costs much less in time and material than painting.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Marrs

A larger, empty, paint can, and a lot of paint thinner?

Reply to
Ecnerwal

I was going to say thinned paint with the part flat to the world. Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

Gilbert dipped all their painted Erector set parts. So did Structo (big steel toy maker from the 30's and 40's). Thin the paint and try again.

Pete Stanaitis

----------------

Ranger851 wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Reply to
M Berger

M Berger a =E9crit :

Thanks

J=2EP.

Reply to
J.P.

Is that a special paint, or just the standard krylon?

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Paint for dipping is different than spray paint. It is thinned like you say, but they also put an additive in it so it doesn't run as bad.

Reply to
Dave Lyon