Gloat!

Snagged a good deal from work the other day. We were stripping out a building and there was a 10 HP 208/240 volt VFD hanging on the wall. The boss said it was junk, so it followed me home. We installed it 8 years ago, and it has run 24/7 since then with no problems. I hooked it up to 240 single phase and set it up to run 208 volt/3 phase out. I also scored a 208 volt/3 phase 1-1/2 HP motor for my drill press, again free. I got it all just cobbled together at this point to see if/how it works. This VFD uses a

5K ohm pot for speed control, got one and hooked it up, works good. It is plenty large so it will run all I will ever give it. On a side note, there were two VFD's to be torn out of the building. One of the guys I work with grabbed to VFD#1 first, without asking the boss if it was junk or not. When I asked about the VFD#2 he said that we had use for the VFD#1, but just toss VFD#2. Being a nice guy I asked the other tech if he wanted VFD#2, because I was sure they wanted to save the one he took. He said no, so I got it! He was talking the the boss the other day and was asked about "his" VFD#1, and was told to get it back to the shop! The funny thing was is he brought the VFD back and then went out and bought a brand new one from a local wholesaler! He could of had "mine" for free! Greg
Reply to
Greg O

Ask and ye shall receive, don't ask and you better get it the hell back here! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller