Good bandsaw blade for cutting 1" mild steel?

I would like to get a good bandsaw blade for cutting mild steel. At present, the blade that came with my Jet 5x6 is akin to using a dinner knife on pine.

Any favorites?

Reply to
Louis Ohland

I've had very good luck with a Morse blade from Grainger. We used to rub the teeth off of the carbon blades and the thinner blades. I decided to try the .035 weight blade. We've had the same blade on for well over a year.

DanG

See how the .025 blade does.

Reply to
Louis Ohland

Lennox Bimetal blades are #1, with Starrett bimetal blades a distant

2nd.

A 14/10T or a regular 14T with "raker" tooth forms, would be appropriate.

A smaller tooth count...such as 14, 16T or 18T will last longer, work better on thin stuff, but cut slower.

Gunner

'In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language.. and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.' Theodore Ro osevelt 1907

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Starrett Hard-Back:

Richard J Kinch

That import stuff is the next thing to banding iron. Get a good Lenox bimetal blade. 14 TPI should work, you might be able to go coarser and/or get some of the fancier tooth forms if this is a production thing and cutting speed is an item of interest. I keep 14, 18 and 24 TPI blades on hand, one pitch just doesn't do it all. Cutting wax stick helps with some of the tougher stuff.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

The OP said bandsaw and 1" mild steel.

Use a 6/10 or 8/12 blade.

I use a 6/10 balde permanently on my import 5x6 bandsaw. For material less than 5/8" in diameter, I use a hacksaw.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Mark Rand wrote: >>> I would like to get a good bandsaw blade for cutting mild steel.

I got the Lennox Powermatrix II 10-14 TPI blade. When it gets here, we'll see the results.

Reply to
Louis Ohland