Bandsaw blade suppliers

Hi everyone I have been using bandsaw blades from ChesterUK for my Chester H80 Bandsaw. Size of blade 1300 x0.63 x12.5mm. Who do you recomende for replacement blades. I pay about =A38 per blade at Chester. I am looking for long life over cheapest price. Cutting is 80% steel 20% ali.Sections vary from 10 x10mm up to 100x100mm. What sort of blades should I be using,and most inportantly how tight should I be running the blade.? just tight enouth to stay on or as tight as I can get it? Any help welcome.

Mike

Reply to
Mike cole

In message , Mike cole writes

Mike, I use Lenox Diemaster 2 blades from J&L...

Current price is about £14.50 + VAT but I am getting excellent life from them.

Regards,

Reply to
Pat

Hi

I have used Dragon Saws for my bandsaw blades and found them very good and reasonable.

I dealt with a guy called Ian John who was very helpful and knowlegable. No Copnnection other than a satisfied customer.

snipped-for-privacy@dragonsaws.co.uk

Dragon Saws Ltd Unit 13 Duffryn Business Park Ystrad Mynach Caerphilly CF82 7RJ

Tel 01443 819910 Fax 01443 819911

Reply to
Paul M

rhemb

Reply to
Anglia

Try Dakin Flathers of Featherstone, too!

Reply to
Anglia

Sadly Dragon Saws is no more! The bank pulled the plug on them a couple of weeks back. AFAIK Ian John is considering setting up again from out of the ashes of the dragon (Phoenix Saws??) I hope they keep their temper - lol If I hear anything from Ian ,via another forum where he announced the demise of Dragon, I'll post here.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Hi Bob

Thanks for the info - a pity as I found Dragon Saws really good.

Paul

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 19:39:24 +0100, Bob Minchin

Reply to
Paul M

Yes it is a real shame. Obviously even worse for Ian. I have had cracking good service from directly from ian - lots of free advice and next delivery blades for my 18-s-1 Startrite. I hope he will get the backing to start up again. I've no idea how many blades per day make a business for Ian though - I guess he needs more than enthusiastic amateurs ordering in ones and twos though!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

Thanks for the replies, I think I an going to get some stock and make my own up

Mike

Reply to
Mike