what's a good blade-abrasive ? to cut 1/8" steel plate on TABLE SAW.

Is there a good blade that really lasts? What diameter blade and what
rpm?
Should I use a coolant or cutting oil? How many feet of cutting can I
expect the blade to do until it needs replacing. I'de like to cut a
good quantity of plate on my table saw without having to buy a bandsaw
and constantly buying new blades!
Thanks for any suggestions. Mike Korman
Reply to
Michael Korman
It has been my experience that any of the abrasive blades made to fit in a Skil saw simply do not last. If you could find a way to fit a chop saw wheel into your table saw you might do well but I don't know if a table saw has enough RPMs.
How big are the sheets? You may find it cheaper/easier to have a shop shear them for you. After a few chop saw wheels (around $20 a pop, depending on size) you may be farther ahead.
Shawn
Reply to
Shawn