Cutting steel tubing on a RAS/carbide blade

Awl --
I've gotten so spoiled from cutting alum on my RAS, that it would be nice to cut 16 ga steel tubing, generally on the order of 1/2 x 1 to 3/4 x 1 1/2.
The RAS is nominal 10", but I think a 7 1/4" blade would have enough reach to get through 3/4 mat'l, and greatly lower the sfpm. I assume the finest tooth blade I can get would help.
The Q is: I know this can be done (done = get away with it), but it is in fact a good idea, with typical carbide blades, for one'sies/two'sies? A good idea on a semi-production basis? Safe-ish?
There was thread recently that cited blades in fact made for steel, one site giving feeds in 1/4" plate, incl stainless. iirc, those blades were on the order of $80++ ea -- not $10. :) Anyone recall that site?
Abrasive wheel better?
4x6 bandsaw ultimately the best, long-term?
The 4x6 isn't bad, esp. in that I can stack a bunch of pcs and walk away.
Finish isn't critical, as these ends will be milled.
--

EA

On Sun, 16 May 2010 14:34:28 -0400, "Existential Angst"

Semi-production = Have the tubing delivered cut to size.

An abrasive cutting disk is great if you have enough RPM's. You'll be amazed what a flopping .04 or .08 disk will digest.
--

-JN-