Need help in the development and use JMCAD

Need help in the development and use JMCAD

Project Information

JMCAD is an program for the modeling and simulation of complex dynamic systems. This includes the ability to construct and simulate block diagrams. The visual block diagram interface offers a simple method for constructing, modifying and maintaining complex system models. The simulation engine provides fast and accurate solutions for linear, nonlinear, continuous time, discrete time, time varying and hybrid system designs. With JMCAD, users can quickly develop software or "virtual" prototypes of systems or processes to demonstrate their behavior prior to building physical prototypes.

The user builds his system model by selecting predefined blocks from a block library and simply wiring the blocks together. Each block of the diagram performs a function. Users can also create custom blocks in Java and add them to the JMCAD block library.

JMCAD is a block diagram language for creating complex nonlinear dynamic systems. Its fast execution speed is perfect for model based operator training, off-line controller tuning, and hardware in the loop testing. Its efficient Java code generator makes it a great platform for model based embedded system development.

By combining the simplicity and clarity of a block diagram interface with a high-performance mathematical engine, JMCAD provides fast and accurate solutions for linear, nonlinear, continuous time, discrete time, multi-rate, and hybrid systems. Moreover, JMCAD's tightly integrated development platform makes it easy to pass freely between model construction, simulation, optimization, and validation. This lets you create virtual prototypes on your desktop to make sure your design works properly before committing to prototype.

For specialized engineering problems, JMCAD offers a comprehensive set of companion products for frequency domain analysis, Java code generation, communications system modeling, DSP and embedded system design, neural networks and real-time analog and digital I/O.

The program is developed with use of language Java and can be used in various operational systems (Windows, Linux, Solaris, Unix, etc.).

Reply to
Yuriy

Just how gullible does one have to be in order to be deceived by this blatant advertising? Or was it Yuriy who was gullible in believing that his ad would deceive us?

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Oddly enough, the word, "Gullible" is not to be found in any published dictionary.

Reply to
Alun

You need to get another dictionary. It is in the two I have just looked at. - Nuttals (from 1944) and Readers digest (from about 10 years ago).

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Gullible enough to believe that gullible is not in any dictionary! There's some benefit in watching QI which is where I saw this stunt pulled!

Henry

Reply to
Dragon

Hi Cliff, to be fair to the OP the program posted is free of charge and open source and is also directly relevant to the interests of this group (think machine control and simulation). Istm it is on topic and potentially of interest to ME's so don't really get your point ?

Reply to
Boo

Boo, I see your point as I checked as well and the software is indeed free, but also Cliff's. Why did the poster give a misleading subject and only cut and paste from the website rather than posting a message relevant to the group? My guess is a lack of time as he had 20,000 other groups he wanted to spam as well. Of course if I am wrong he will be reading this newsgroup and can reply.....

Reply to
Cliff Ray

Boo. I daresay catalogues from the likes of Chronos, J&L, etc are equally free and equally relevant to the group, but would would you welcome them mailed to the group under the guise of a request for help? No old chap, this was plain ordinary spam of the sort that has been around almost as long as the internet. I am still amazed that Yuriy and his ilk believe thay are doing something original.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Cliff and Cliff,

I don't think that requests for help in development of free software directly relevant to ME is UCE (spam), firstly and most importantly because it is not commercial but also because it is relevant and interesting.

The title of the original post was "Need help in the development and use JMCAD" which does accurately describe the situation of this software according to the sourcenav website.

I agree the software itself is not particularly original but that does not disqualify if from being of interest and the fact that it is still at an early stage of development means it might be of appeal to people wanting to tailor it to ME purposes.

By the way, links to commercial catalogues (not the binaries themselves) are explicitly permitted by the charter of this newsgroup as are short adverts. Neither of these are relevant to what the OP posted but that does have some bearing on the Chronos catalogue issue.

I believe you both stand corrected,

regards,

Reply to
Boo

Well I fancy being pedantic.

It does not accurately describe the situation

As you say the original title was "Need help in the development and use JMCAD" which is a request from the author of said software. But why dous he need to make a request when he wrote the damn thing ?

Now if he had posted "Need help in the development and use JMCAD ? " it then becomes a question.

Sod it I'm going to have another pint.........................

John S.

Reply to
John S

And by the time that was posted last night I couldn't stand at all :)

Reply to
Cliff Ray

Not at all, but I am willing to be proved wrong if you are willing to help the spammer in his "development" and then report back to the group.

Cliff Coggin :)

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Thank you for your good advice and support!

Reply to
Yuriy

Thank you for your sarcasm :)

Reply to
Cliff Ray

You're welcome, good luck with the pogram.

Reply to
Boo

I misread this as "pogrom"

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

This is a typographical error ...)))

Reply to
Yuriy

I'm having a problem coming to terms with the name.

Just image in an office situation and you shout out "I'm having trouble with JMCAD " and the next thing is you are flat on the floor surrounded by armed anti terrorist officers.

John S.

Reply to
John S

New version JMCAD-07.079 released