handle wild leg

One assumes you want the 20" heavy barrel, right?

Sigh..be glad you dont live in California

They are Banned here...damnit

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Sence I'm dreaming, I also need the ACOG gunsight and a spare 12" barrel to go with that 20" barrel

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Sweet. Not being addicted to punching the same hole twice, I like the semis, too. My little SKS isn't super accurate, but she sure is sweet. The $100 price tag didnt' hurt, either.

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Santa alreade gave me a 91/30 Mosin Nagant. :)

Ignoramus15216

This REPR rifle does look extremely nice though.

Ignoramus15216

Particularly if the target is over 250 meters away...which unfortunately...is about the maximum effective range of the SKS.

The .308 continues on out to nearly 1000 meters Now while that might not mean much to those of you in the east or midwest...where ranges seldom go over 200 yrds plus/minus

Where I live...ranges START at 300 meters and go on out for many miles.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Where are you getting the 28K spec? I don't see it the URL.

But -- as I described in a previous posting in this thread, I remember seeing the circuit as a (starting at one input terminal) a resistor, a bridge rectifier (with the other side of the bridge going to the second input terminal) and the DC output of the bridge going to the LED side of the opto-isolator, so yes, this should scale pretty linearly to an added resistance in series with the input.

If in doubt -- experiment. Try it with a 240 VAC signal instead of the 190 you're worrying about. A short term application should suffice to make sure that works. If it fails, you are out $12.50 (keep the computer interface disconnected from the board into which the module plugs -- and don't have any other modules present. (You will need a

5VDC input to the board, to power the module.)

You can judge when it switches using the LED on the corner of the module. Then take the power down to 120 VAC and see whether the switch still sees it. If it does not -- take a Variac to vary one side of the 240 VAC line and adjust until you see where it comes on, and where it goes off. (Remember, they mention having a hysteresis amplifier on the input).

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

In other words, this is what Gunner wants for Christmas

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

nah..while they are indeed useful in my AO..they are very expensive to shoot. Several of my associates have them in one form or another....

This on the other hand....

Is very similar to several of my rifles that Ive put together for "long range personel interdiction"

Yall can buy me the above if yall want. Id not turn it down.

I have glass that will come in handy on it........and I handload for it.

Though to be fair..the same rifle comes in 338 Lapua Mag...which is a fair amount superior..but Id have to stock up on bullets, dies and brass which can be fairly expensive...so I believe Id go with the 300 Win Mag..though its a real tossup....

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Would you rather have Santa give you a $3,700 rifle or the $89 one you got, hmm?

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

As a gift, I'd take the REPR or a Barrett over my SKS any day.

-- Know how to listen, and you will profit even from those who talk badly. -- Plutarch

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I am not sure, cannot make up my mind, it is not that I really need either. I just wanted a rifle like in the movies. I already have enough decent shooting rifles.

Ignoramus655

But no one really is about to gift you any such thing.

Ignoramus655

Those rifles are not for looks..but to defend your life and the life of others with, in the ultimate worse case. Frankly...to kill bad people with, and as reliably and as far away as possible.

Do you have weapons for that?

If you live in a cedar swamp..the weapons needed will be different than one living out on the tiagia or wind swept plains.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yes, but not a backhoe.

Ignoramus655

I'm suprised Iggy doesn't go for the AK47. Cheap to buy and shoot, rugged, reliable, and perfect for the ranges in an urban area. Plus, its Russian.

karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

Um, I do have an AK.

Ignoramus655

Or the high seas. Think sailcloth and cannonball.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Then stock up on quicklime and a shovel.

Seriously though...if you shoot someone at long range ..you generally dont need to bother with sticking them in the ground...let their buddies do the digging.

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Id rather suspect he has something similar tucked away. But dont forget..he lives in the Peoples Republik of Illinois....

Which is similar to California with its permanant Assault Weapons Ban List.

Hence..all the good toys are illegal here.