Hardinge verticle mill

An oldy but a goody. Small foot print verticle knee mill.

The only problem is the quill is fixed which is a problem if you do a lot of drilling or boring, you have to crank the knee up and down. The collets are pricey and hard to find. I bet the seller will negotiate on the price. I bought one just like the one shown back in 2005 and only paid $600 for mine. Looks like its about a 1940's vintage.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal

"We won't reply to anyone that doesn't leave a way to contact them."

Very logical.

Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

Yes, Mr. Spock.

I do the same thing on Craigslist. No email replies, so leave your phone number or you won't get an answer. The last time I replied to a Craigslist email, I ended up getting 14 extra spams per day. And the spucking fammers are getting savvier, using 1-time addresses so my filters continue to fill up. Would anyone else here vote to make spamming a capital offense, punishable by skinning and salting?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think a motorized knee would be in order... Its funny actually, a while back I watched the MIT machining videos series and they were very specific that the proper way to mill is lock the quill, and set the height with the knee when milling. No chance of doing it wrong with this machine. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I too was taught to bring the work table as high as possible, touch down with minimal quill extension, lock quill, zero out the dial on the table and then raise up as needed. Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary