Harrison 280 manual/CNC lathe on ebay

thought someone here might be interested in this.

Reply to
charles

4-jaw chuck posed loose on the ways for the photos! Ouch!
Reply to
Richard J Kinch

That chuck will not hurt it .it will not even touch way surface

Reply to
HaroldA102

A Harrison Trainer, or as we used to call them "Strainer". Would be a good hobby machine. Has a wreteched PC based control with color (colour) graphics and DC steppers, and all of the reliability of English electronics . But the machine can be run as a manual. It has lead screws and retains it's quick change gear box. Small enough for any basement. Underneath it's an M250 manual IIRC. It was designed to be used as a training lathe in tech schools. A student could start out running it as a manual, and progress to CNC after mastering manual operation. There is a key switch that allows CNC operation. It used to come with a good instruction manual. You can still get parts for it too. I would not consider this machine for anything other than hobby use as a CNC. If he's really selling it at the value of a manual machine, it should be a good value.

My .02

Dan

Reply to
Dan Murphy